The Co-op supplies a range of delicious, ethically farmed and sources foods at reasonable prices. We source local organic, biodynamic and chemical free produce where possible.
If you want to know anything about our products, just ask one of the Co-op volunteers.
Co-op policy on sourcing food:
- All of our fresh fruit and veggies are either certified organic or chemical free.
- We’re GM Free – none of our products are genetically modified or come from genetically modified organisms.
- We prioritise goods that are local, Australian or fairtrade; certified organic or chem-free; eco-friendly; good quality and value for money. We do source foods from far afield if they are in demand, ethically farmed and processed.
- Food miles are a priority for us, and we aim to reduce these where possible. Less freight=less markup.
- We buy in bulk not just to minimise packaging, but to ensure the best price possible is passed on to Co-op members and shoppers.
We aim to source more produce direct from local growers. This ranges from small amounts of produce lovingly grown in members’ back yards to large quantities grown by certified organic growers. If you have excess home-grown chemical free fruit, vegetables or herbs that you’d like to sell on consignment, speak to a Co-op volunteer about this.